INDEPENDENCE, Mo. (AP) – Investigators say a house fire that killed an elderly woman in western Missouri likely started in an electrical fan in the home’s living room.
The fan was located between a couch and chair in the living room.
Police say the woman was pulled from the burning home last Monday after being found in a hallway. Emergency responders began CPR before pronouncing her dead. Her name has still not been released. Police say she lived in the home with her husband and daughter.
A statement from the state fire marshal’s office says the fire has been listed as accidental.