For the safety of both motorists and workers the bridge and all ramps will remain closed from Highland Avenue to U.S. Route 36 through Thursday, Aug. 23.
Crews from MoDOT’s Central Office travel around the state conducting in-depth inspections throughout the year. This program of inspection, repair and maintenance of the more than 10,000 bridges across the state ensures the bridges are kept in the best possible condition for as long as possible for those traveling across Missouri’s roadways.
Maintenance crews will also be utilizing the closure to clean drains and make repairs to the bridge deck, joints and roadway signs and lighting. During the closure, motorists will need to use an alternate route.
The bridge inspections and maintenance will be completed prior to the Sound of Speed Airshow weekend Aug. 25 – 26.
Other upcoming bridge inspections scheduled in the area include:
- Route K bridge over Interstate 229 (no work zone anticipated, but workers will be present)
- Bridges over I-29 on U.S. Route 59, Beagle Road, Elmwood Road, Graystone Road, and Ironwood Road (no work zone anticipated, but workers will be present)
Week of Aug. 27:
- U.S. Route 136 over the Missouri River (lane closure)
- Route B bridge over I-35 (no work zone anticipated but workers will be present)
- Bridges over I-35 on Route A, Route N, East 200th Avenue, East 120th Street, East 245th Avenue (no work zone anticipated, but workers will be present)
For more information about this and other MoDOT projects, call 1-888-ASK-MODOT (888-275-6636) or visit modot.org/northwest.