The St. Joseph School District has made several changes in leadership following resignations this week, leaving a number of administrative roles available.
According to a press release, the Board of Education accepted resignations from the following during Monday’s closed session:
- Chris Early, Lafayette High School principal
- Terri Deayon, Edison Elementary School principal
- Heather Beaulieu, Parkway Elementary principal
Early, Deayon and Beaulieu have all been offered administrative positions at other schools in Missouri.
The Board approved these appointments to fill the open principal positions:
- Dr. Ashly McGinnis, an assistant principal at Lafayette, has been selected to fill the principal role at Lafayette
- Dlo Duvall, who was recently named assistant principal at Lindbergh for the 2018‐19 school year, will now join Edison Elementary as principal
- Dr. Solon Haynes, Director of Student Services/Technology and Data Management, will fill the principal position at Parkway Elementary
These reassignments, along with other recent administrative resignations and retirements, leave the following positions open at this time:
- Lafayette High School, assistant principal
- Central High School, assistant principal (Paul Woolard recently resigned for a position at a school in the KC area)
- Bode Middle School, assistant principal (Janice Wing recently announced her retirement)
- Lindbergh Elementary School, assistant principal
- SJSD Director of Student Services/Technology and Data Management
- SJSD Director of Finance (Wes Metz recently accepted the CFO job in Lee’s Summit)
Visit the district’s website at sjsd.k12.mo.us to read more about these and other employment opportunities.