– The MIAA Tournament was held at the Sid and Hazel Dillon Tennis Center on the campus of the University of Nebraska.
– The win moves no. 18 Northwest to 17-3 on the year while Washburn falls to 16-4.
– Northwest’s No. 3 doubles team of Aymeric Autones and Josef Altmann put the Bearcats on the board first but Washburn took a 2-1 lead, claiming No. 1 and No. 2 doubles.
– Fin Glowick tied the match, 2-2, with a win at No. 6 singles and Autones put the Bearcats up 3-2 with a point at No. 5 singles.
– After Washburn got a point back at No. 3 singles, Sergi Fontcuberta won at No. 2 to put Northwest within a point of victory.
– Romain Boissinot was took the first set at No. 1 singles. But Washburn battled back to force a second-set tiebreaker. Boissinot took the quick lead and went on to win the set and the match.
1. Boissinot,Romain (NW) def. Valarezo Plaza,Aleja (WU) 6-2, 7-6 (7-2)
2. Fontcuberta,Sergi (NW) def. Hunter,Blake (WU) 6-3, 6-4
3. Barlow,Matt (WU) def. Tete,Mauro (NW) 6-2, 6-2
4. Altmann,Josef (NW) vs. Haase,Paul (WU) 4-6, 6-3, 1-4, unfinished
5. Autones,Aymeric (NW) def. Hunter,Tommy (WU) 6-1, 6-1
6. Glowick,Fin (NW) def. Brill,Chase (WU) 6-1, 6-2
1. Valarezo Plaza,Aleja/Hunter,Blake (WU) def. Tete,Mauro/Serrano,Jorge (NW) 8-2
2. Barlow,Matt/Hunter,Tommy (WU) def. Boissinot,Romain/Fontcuberta,Sergi (NW) 9-8 (7-5)
3. Altmann,Josef/Autones,Aymeric (NW) def. Brill,Chase/Haase,Paul (WU) 8-0
Northwest will now await seeding in the NCAA Division II Tournament. The selection show can be found HERE and will air on Tuesday, April 25, at 7:30 p.m. CST.
— Northwest Athletics —