ST. JOSEPH, Mo. – In-depth under-bridge inspections are part of the Missouri Department of Transportation’s program of inspection, repair and maintenance of the more than 10,000 bridges across the state. This program ensures the bridges are kept in the best possible condition for as long as possible for all those that travel across Missouri’s roadways.
Several bridges in Northwest Missouri are scheduled for under-bridge inspections over the next few weeks. Some of these work zones may be moving operations and motorists are advised to be alert for work zone signs and extra equipment on the roadways around these bridges and ramps.
All work is weather permitting and could be rescheduled.
- Route VV at the Platte River Bridge (lane closure)
- Route 46 at the Nodaway River Bridge (lane closure)
- U.S. Route 136 at the Nodaway River Bridge (shoulder closure)
Week of March 27:
- Route DD at the Nodaway River Bridge (lane closure)
- U.S. Route 71 Southbound at the Nodaway River Bridge (lane closure)
- Interstate 29 both directions at the Kimsey Creek Bridge (shoulder closure)