– The Bearcats are now 13-9 on the year with the two victories.
– Northwest cruised in the first game against Sioux Falls, getting a complete game shutout from Taylor Blackford.
– In the second game, the Bearcats scored two runs in the seventh and two in the eighth to pull out the victory.
Game One Key Northwest Statistics (Northwest 10, Sioux Falls 1)
– The Bearcats scored one in the second, one in the third, six in the fourth and two in the sixth. Sioux Falls’ lone run came in the second.
– Northwest had 10 runs on 10 hits with no errors. The Cougars scored one run on three hits with three errors.
– The game was called after the sixth inning due to the run rule.
– Blackford picked up her sixth win of the year, throwing all six innings. She allowed one run on three hits. She walked two and struck out two.
– Abigail Gilson went 3-for-3 with a double, a run scored and an RBI. She was also hit by a pitch.
– Jessica Rawie was 2-for-4 with two RBIs, a run scored and a double.
– Rebecca Maher was 1-for-4 with three RBIs and a run scored. She had an RBI double in the third inning.
– Kaitlin Weis went 1-for-4 with two runs scored and an RBI. She had a double and a stolen base
– Torri Blythe was 1-for-3 with two runs scored. She was hit by a pitch and had a stolen base in the first game.
– Jaedra Moses went 1-for-3 with a sacrifice bunt and scored a run.
– Kiana Baderdeen scored once and drove in a run, going 1-for-3 with a double.
– Chantel Adams had an RBI sacrifice fly and was hit by a pitch.
– Karli Allen had a sacrifice fly and had a sacrifice bunt in the game.
Game One Key Northwest Innings
– Rawie singled with one down in the second and went to third on Gilson’s double. Allen hit a sacrifice fly deep enough to right to score the game’s first run.
– Blythe reached on an error to start the third and stole second. After an out, Maher doubled to right center to score Blythe, giving Northwest the go-ahead run.
– In the fourth, Gilson singled and went to second on Allen’s sacrifice bunt. Baderdeen then hit a double down the left field line to score Gilson. After a pitching change, Blythe was hit by a pitch and Moses singled to load the bases. Maher reached on a fielder’s choice but Blythe and Baderdeen were both able to score on an error by the shortstop. Weis then reached on a fielder’s choice that allowed Moses to score to make it 6-1 Northwest. Adams hit a sacrifice fly to center to score Maher and Rawie followed it up with a double to drive in Weis to make it 8-1.
– With one down in the sixth, Weis doubled down the left field line and Adams drew a walk. Maher reached on a fielder’s choice but an error on the pitcher allowed Weis to score from second. Gilson hit a single back to the pitcher to drive in Adams, making it 10-1.
Game Two Key Northwest Statistics (Northwest 8, St. Cloud State 7)
– The Bearcats scored two in the second, one in the third, one in the fourth, two in the seventh and two in the eighth. St. Cloud State had one in the first, four in the third, one in the fourth and one in the eighth.
– Northwest finished with eight runs on 15 hits with three errors. The Huskies had seven runs on 12 hits with two errors.
– Allen went 4-for-4 with three RBIs and a run scored. She had a double and a triple.
– Weis was 2-for-5 with three runs driven in. She had a double and hit the would-be go-ahead home run in the eighth. She also pitched the final 5.2 innings for the win, striking out three while allowing just one earned run.
– Gilson was 2-for-3 with two runs scored, a double and a walk.
– Adams was 2-for-5 with a pair of runs scored.
– Maher was 2-for-5 with a run scored.
– Blythe went 2-for-5 with an RBI and a stolen base.
– Baderdeen was 1-for-3 with an RBI, a stolen base and a walk.
– Holly Posegate got the start. She went 2.1 innings, allowing just two earned runs. She did not walk a batter and struck out one.
Game Two Key Northwest Innings
– Adams singled with one down in the second. After a strikeout, Gilson drew a walk and Allen hit an RBI single to right, scoring Adams. Baderdeen’s single drove in Gilson from third to give the Bearcats an early 2-1 lead.
– With one out in the third, Maher singled to left center and scored one batter later as Weis doubled to left field.
– Gilson started the fourth with a double down the right field line. Allen drove her in with a double of her own to left, bring the score to 5-4, St. Cloud State.
– In the seventh, Adams singled to center to lead off the inning. After a pair of outs, Allen tripled down the left field line to score Adams, making it 6-5 St. Cloud State. Baderdeen then drew a walk and stole second.
– In the eight with the international tie-break rule in effect, Rawie started the inning on second. After an out, Weis launched a two-run home run over the left center field fence to put Northwest up, 8-6.
– Northwest returns to MIAA play on Saturday, March 24, at Central Oklahoma in Edmond, Okla.
— Northwest Athletics —