Winning The Lottery May Have Been The Worst Thing That Ever Happened To These Guys

Posted 2 years ago

By Associated Press

WPDAuthorities say two brothers accidentally blew up their house after celebrating a $75,000 winning lottery ticket by purchasing marijuana and meth.

Wichita police Sergeant Bruce Watts says one of the brothers was taken to a hospital and the other to jail after Friday’s explosion.

The injured 27-year-old brother is in serious but stable condition with second-degree burns on his hands, arms and chest.

One of the brothers went to the kitchen to refuel the butane torches they planned to use to light their bongs, according to police.

The brother emptied a couple of large cans of butane lighter fluid, leaking butane into the air.

Eventually, butane vapor reached the pilot light in the furnace, causing the blast.